Friday, February 29, 2008

Cause I'm Not A Cosmonaut (Revised ; )

I used to love the public lecture series The Perimeter Institute used to broadcast from Waterloo Ontario. Everything from cosmology, physics, relativity, articulated by some of the best minds in the filed. Anything that gives one a deeper understanding of the big picture, even if gleaned from molecular levels, and the earths relation to it - fascinates me no end.

But they stopped broacasting their televised lectures. I don't know why. But I do hope they come back, lest our vacuuous inner minds mirror the vast emptiness of outer space.

So I have gone back to the old fashioned method of finding and reading books that cover a variety of disciplines.

When I was in school they had classes for cosmetology.....?!?!....but not cosmology.

I think that pretty much sums up the schools ulterior uncongenial curriculum of underachment laid out for us, the bar set upon the ground to prepare it's pupils to trip over as they step into life.

The faeces they fed our malnourished minds was not only unconscionable, it should have been unlawful. However, upon recognizing this subtle, yet glaring disparaging chasm between my own interests, and that of the Provincial school boards impression of what they felt we only ought to only know, I did what any self possessed kid could do....

veer sharp left and venture on my merry way. Very disheartened to discover - so few did.

Why is that? How is that possible? Was school so wonderful for everyone else they just foolowed like lemmings? Or where there that many dud-buds being born to that many dud-families?
Where are we all?!? Why aren't there more independent thinkers, questioning seekers? Surely we haven't all been killed off,. or died prematurely ...have they!?

Philosophy was one of the first subjects I sought out to explore. Glad that it was. I didn't know at the time, but I was going to have to rely heavily on that inner strength training for years to come.

I get the fact, this could come across to one of those school-adhering-non-getters, that I'm blaming school for my not being more than I feel I could have been. I do not blame. (but they won't get that)

I thank.

It's like somehow being missed out on NOT getting the brain-bypass that everyone ahead of you experienced on the systems conveyer belt. without their comprehension or memory of there being a before, and me looking around going: whoa....check it out...no wonder they don't they see what's going on?

It's a bit of a socially unpopular way to be, but that in itself is extremely satisfying for me - not being able to relate to the horseshit out there is fine by me.

So I'm not a cosmonaut. Nothing can remove my facination and continued learning and discovery in all things of interest to me. Nor has it ebbed in time.

The way Fi sees it: To be one thing in life, automatically removes one from experiencing many other facets in and of life. In having to study one thing, automatically reduces your own time to learn other things. Life shoudl not be damned up, but a free flowing stream of consciousness.

Not unlike being shown a Kalediscope, and being asked by people when you're young: which colour do you want to be?

What?! I'm only allowed to be one thing!?

Am I the only one who never shattered my inner kalediscope to pick up with the tip of my pinky finger a tiny shard of blue?

And I would be blue, if ever agreed to restrict myself to only being a shard of that which was.



No comments: