Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Turn To Return

6 countries, 2 time zones, crossed the continental divide, 4 airports, 2 boats, 5 buses, 2 trains, 4 taxi's and 5000 miles later....

I have returned from one wholly remarkable journey.

Of which I won't bore you with, but will say this...

Had I known the journey, and all the people I was to have the privilege of meeting...

Had I known all the conversations that were in store to be had...
Had I known all the goodness that lay ahead of me, and for me, to simply step into and know directly...
Had I known so much was going to be shared, and given to me...
Had I known what was supposed to be just-a-holiday was going to be filled with so many good souls...

Had I known any of this prior to setting out, it is my belief, any such 'knowing' would have prevented the purity each moment contained within it.

Every encounter, individual, chance meeting, unplanned lunch and dinner companion, every conversation that was had with someone every day, every time, in every city, town, rest stop, train station and compartment, sidewalk cafe, airport and in flight, every hike, park bench, taxi, historic site, shop and restaurant along the way was real in every sense of the word.

Somehow, for some reason, only the real was being shared and conveyed.

The joy and honour for me, was in experiencing how quick people were to open up, and be honest and caring and interested and at the ready to speak of real things on a deep level and connect.

Had I known my journey was going to be so warm, inviting and inclusive, so fascinating and awe inspiring, so compassionate and loving...

Had I known or imagined any of this before setting out, I doubt I would have felt all that I was shown, in quite the same way.

When setting out anywhere, be it your job or a journey, intuit everything around you, and have faith people are more like you - than not. Then reach into it directly.

What you will find is worth more than anything imaginably tangible...you will find the intangible wealth of a soul.

I return from a remarkable journey - renewed and filled with love and remembering.

But promise not to yak on about it. Just marking my return with a blog entry.


to Restaurace Lamberty's - perfect introduction to Prague!
to Hart with the biggest and best heart of them all - you and Carol Ann are a joy (I'm open to adoption ; )
to T.L. Tsim - a drizzeling conversation I won't soon forget either

to Candice and Bob - say hello to Wade for me ; )
to Andy....I will listen and report back...thank you for listening to me yammer on! You have the patience of a saint!
to Petrix, be kind to Lori !!

to Alex...no more motorcycle accidents!
to Josef & my fellow plum Czech hiking train journey friends...please make your website with an English option button
(I have no access to it from here as it currently is)
to Lucian...it falls to you to mark the events - to right the wrongs and write it right.
to Daniela...I kissed your land and sky for you...it was so beautiful to wake up each day, it was natural to do so.
to Antar, stay focused and fun, and keep plodding on and you too could be working your butt off in Canada...it's the same everywhere.
to Reuben who once travelled with a water bottle bearing my name, thank you for that conversation and your kind written words.


to all others...thank you for your conversation, for crossing my path, and entering my heart and soul.

No comments: