Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Last Day Of Wild Animal Month

Last day of what I believe I can officially and affectionately refer to as the
Wild Animal Month of May!

Arrived home to the welcome a new wild-animal-surprise. This being a far more cute, and welcomed newcomer!

Trudy, a wild, cheeky-devil-of-a-skinny, earthy, perky-eared rabbit, with bona fide white cotton tail, greeted my return home this evening.

Trudy happily sat, unflustered, watching me arrive, and didn't even bother to *go* anywhere upon my arrival, but did sit up on haunches and watched me make a few trips in an out without offering any help.

My final trip meant I was now going to let the dog out!

Trudy the bold, and clearly happy, & uber-confident rabbit didn't bother to budge until my guy was almost on top of her, which gave my big guy some much needed exercise...and lucky for Trudy, he wasn't conditioned of late, or else he would've actually caught her!

I can honestly say, I've seen many things, but I've never seen a loose or wild rabbit in these uninhabitable parts.

So I was doubly stunned when I saw Trudy hop back to where she was when I arrived home from. ((cheeky!!))

From my kitchen window, Trudy went right back, happily sitting in her butt-warmed-spot, facing me with a look of expression: 'so, what's for dinner?'

Hey!?!?!!

Thus - Trudy has earned a formal mention this evening. What a star. What a Diva!

Incredibly - despite my being vegetarian...I didn't even have a leaf of lettuce or carrot or anything for the star!

I felt bad but, jeezo surely she's living off something?! How could I not have anything to put out for her!? Needless, to say I will stop by the grocery store tomorrow and pick a few items up for my new special-needs tenant.

As for why I've named the rabbit Trudy?

Trudy is in a couple of subtle stolen scenes from the old Scottish movie Local Hero.
(assuming you see the unedited version of the movie ; )

Perhaps this Trudy could detect a vegetarian's house when she saw one? ; )

No comments: