Friday, March 14, 2008

Anon an' on And on

I wanted to set out yakking about some crazy interesting stuff, but damn it, I can NOT get the damn photo I wanted to upload, and look all nice, and small, and nifty, so now all my work and effort has been for naught! It was such a cool timely fun thing too...ahhhhh ta'hell

So.

In lieu of my first attempt - I will not try and be ironic, I'm just gonna go with the whole title theme thing, and not be brief.

The one thing I will say about Toronto....there is anonymity. And that's a good thing.

The two redeeming qualities that keep me in Toronto and enable me to continue calling it home is:

a) water pressure

something not all countries possess, I've found, and a luxury, if you have hair as puffy and in penetrable with whatever conditioner you could possibly be wielding at any given time as mine.

and

b) anonymity

that singular attribute that enables one to go through a million growth spurts and total image overhauls, in every possible hair colour, and as many jobs and industries .....without ever actually bumping into any of the people you meet on-your-way-through-life-in-your-city-twice.

What perfect, unadulterated FREEDOM!

On those, insanely rare & unpredictable occasions you happen to recognize someone from a certain distance away, but that hearkens back to an impossibly-unrecallable-time of your pock-marked-time-and-work life-past.. just jump to the:

"huh?!! ehm...I beg your pardon?!?! no, that couldn't have been me" line

Always good for a perfectly awkward reaction, one can always pull off in a city this size.

IT'S UNDENIABLY WONDERFUL THIS ANONYMITY THING!

Oh what fun there is to have in a 5 million horse open sleigh town.

So of all the things that could ever piss or put me off, for now real reason either, just THAT it could be kind of thing would be:

People popping up out of one's past sayin' HEY!

I say NO! NO NO - GO BACK TO WHERE YOU DIDN'T BELONG!

If I wanted to bump into you - I'd never have entirely strove to erase or blank you?!

So. Let's all just move on with time's river song flow of time as we ought to naturally, shall we?!

Great.

If it weren't for water pressure and a wonderfully re-awakening shower each morning, combined with one's freedom to step out and re-enter an unreal city, in a brand new way, each and everyday - well, remove so much as one of those attributes, and what have you got, but a claustrophobic, suffocating, gene pool environment, full of stunted growth, and total faeces rising up in the stagnant air surrounding each and every day.

Allow me to try and sum such a day up in one word:

AUGH !!!

p'oh....need I say more than all that exhaling sigh carries with it?!

(does everyone know their Chinese philosophy and history to know the meaning of p'oh?)

No?

ah well...some homework for yourself then is it?! Enjoy.

Be well in your anonymity, perfect showers and completely cleansed selves thereafter.

What a crazy city this can be at times though eh?!

No?!

Is it really me then ?!?!

AUGH !

ahhhh whatever*+;..

...do I know you?



No comments: