Friday, March 7, 2008

No Energy For Highland Flings & Plaited Kilts I'm Depleted

When Benjamin Franklin had energy he said, 'Energy and persistence alter all things'.

Now, maybe it's this unrelenting Canadian winter, or perhaps I'm just getting....what's it called
again...ehm.....that state you get to where the things you use to be able to do and enjoy, were doable and enjoyable, and words didn't slip ones mind like a deer on ice - OLDER! That's it.

Now what was I saying????

Right. Of course, I didn't say it...Ben did. But he did so eloquently didn't he??

Without energy no amount of talent, genius, generosity, love, interest, understanding or anything would ever come into our shared consciousness, or ever get to be of any use to anyone, unless or until that individual had the energy to share, impart, create or pass-on such, in some way.


whew - that was exhausting just saying all that.

I don't know where you're living....but there is a North American element....an energy thing....that is beginning to work against itself.

I'm not sure if it's because we're all so spent and exhausted spending and exhausting our hard earned money chasing after the ever elusive *things* we are convinced (by con artists) we need in order to feel better.


Now....why is it we need to feel better? Oh riiight, we're tired from all our unnecessary nonsensical running around.

Were we not happy before? At some point ? Ever?!? Yep. We were.

Thus we are told to feel bad.....then coincidentally, & very timely, offered garbage we're told will make us feel and look good.

So on and on it goes...that's us on the dizzying, dilapidated North American midway Ferris wheel.

We're now made to feel utterly exhausted running around in the endless loop in a mind-boring routine that excavates all individual thought, and ultimately undermines the quality of our lives to the nth degree.

Mind you...I could be wrong.

Other parts of the world, Scotland for example, has somehow managed to retain a healthier balance to their work lives and days, like somehow cramming their allotted 8 weeks in off a year..?!...I for one, haven't had a week off since I went to Scotland in 2004.

ok, it is possible I may be projecting my depleted energy here...while I still have enough to get the message out.

If I had the energy, I'd book myself a holiday. But I don't have the energy to think, imagine, plan, pack and go.

What an anti-humane energy depleting society we have allowed to be. Where, in the North America I regrettably know, taking some time off, one is not only made to feel guilty or even more awful than not going anywhere....to being crapped upon pre-departure and upon return - thereby nullifying the whole purpose in the first place.

This has been my experience. It's is surreal. It is silly. It is unhealthy. It is unacceptable. But it is very real.

It didn't occur to me when I read Alice In Wonderland - when we were being told to: Go until we come to the end then stop. That's the way things are structured !*%$# And this is how we have to live and respond to.

Jeezie Creezie!

What a disturbing lesson. As were the majority of nursery rhymes disturbing. But this is how and when the conditioning commences. This is what we are teaching young people who grow up to become exhausted older people.

Another thing that is dusturbing is seeing how not one child / human being can apparently exist without possessing (having been marketed to) a nap sack. Keep your sack full of stuff we don't even need, but cart it around with us everywhere we go.

And why is no one re-examining their lives and lifestyle again? Oh riiiigh to "fit in".

Give me a nap. I've had enough just watching everyone's exhausting unexamined running around they do.

I'll speak for those who are too tired to: We want our energy back! Let's put LIFE back into our lives shall we?!

What is the point of being persistently marketed to, and sold everything we would never have logically thought we ever needed....

if we don't even have the energy to buy into it anymore?

((p'oh))

I'm spent.
























No comments: