Sunday, March 9, 2008

Let There Be Light If Not Double B Batteries

ahhhhhhh there was not only sun today.....first time in years it seemed....

The sun actually hung around longer, spent the whole day catchin up.

What a lovely sunny Sunday afternoon. Vitamin D-lightful. Vitamin D-licious.Vitamin D-pendable Vitamin D-el-Uge!

That new found energy from today's light-transfusion made for a productive and cathartic day of spring cleaning.

Day one-of-more-sun, and not only did I have the new found energy to leap and bound over the 5 foot snowbanks, I didn't even mind the towering blind spots they created, kept people on their toes and landing lightly atop these duvet mounds of snow as I barreled around the place getting everything I haven't had the energy to do for half a year.

Brilliant.

The sun should shine more often. We could all strive to shine more often.

In my incredible busy day tending to pretty everything I have neglected for too long for lack of energy, found me replacing batteries in an old wee clock I've had for years....yet for the first time wondered: what is the significance of there not being a B battery? There are A's, C's & D's,....um....why no B's? is it just "too awkward" to say???? Is it not more awkward putting the message out there that basically people can't handle the concept of a B battery, so not unlike the 13th floor of a building, we're just going to pretend - it's not there.

Are we that politically correct & sensitive to those who's existence, a B Battery, would cause such awkwardness?

And if that's the reason (although I hope there is a REAL reason I just don't know about yet), how on earrrrrth
can we possibly be so hypocritical to be 'sensitive' to the most unimportant things in this world and be so incredibly insensitive to actual matters such as: war, famine, poverty, inequality, prejudice...and the pathological economies that maintain all that.....how is it that is okay....but we have to be politically correct with the most inane concepts?

Isn't politically correct the worst oxymoron ever penned in the histroy of senselessness?!

damn - where'd my sunny disposition get to all of a sudden?!?!

'k, I'm going to go look for some B batteries to light up this unilluminated corner of my dim mind.

It's time for lights out - so g'night





No comments: