Sunday, March 16, 2008

What Came First? The Chicken or The Egg? The Thought or The knowledge?

It's always been a toss up ...a debate...a source of argument, but...

What came first?

The chicken?
or...
The the egg?

The inherent knowledge or the thought?

Fine squinty lines.

It's a strange concept, but I thought about this years ago, when I first set out on my voracious reading rampage.

Over time, I can genuinely say - in a weirdly unaccountable way, I already *knew*, of that which I found myself reading about well before I ever found it in my hands to read! True story of non-fiction there.

Boring. But true, but it was that, that sent me off reading things I couldn't possibly know...like science, physics, cosmology.

The first time I encountered this was when I found abook with a horrible title, and gawd-awful cover, but had potential when I read it's back cover saying it was philosophy gone topsy turvy:

The Wisdom of Insecurity by Alan Wilson Watts.

Literally the singular line / phrase in the entire condensed book I had not previously heard of or come to know was: "putting legs on a snake" But how cool is that ancient phrase?! ah what a great read?! Not one single new thing learned, but what a great sense of mind-blowing vindication that I have come to comprehend and know *all* that, which I had never heard anyone articulate in person, or in print prior. Truly necessary to come across for the vindication sense alone.

So what came first?


I think the thinker comes first, then the action-talk man, then the one who put the concepts or theories in play.
Life requires many types....it's got little to do with who-came-first?!?

...it's more about who did what, and why, and how have we grown from seeing and discovering that bit of uniqueness?

In a world where we're all told to look and be and dress and behave and want the same things..it can only be the few freaks who step outside of all that who actually help to lead us on a bit.

So, if anyone ever asks me what came first the chicken or the egg?

I think I'll have to say the freak came first...and thus we were enabled to be - so thank your lucky stars for there being freaks among us ?? Non?!

I was actually stuck in traffic recently, behind a huge bulbous butted cube van / truck....I never saw along its side to know what on earth the truck actually carried or who he drove for, but the back door of the truck read:

Do not strive to be like everyone else - you were born to be unique'

whoa....now....just think on that for a mo' ...or 30 mo's if you're going in the same direction as that truck.

Is it just me and all the car exhaust fumes I had to have breathed ?!

But what a great sentimental statement to ever come across...you can read all the philosophy, but sometimes, it takes a truck to remind you of the simple little things.

Strive to be your unique selves my friends....it's what the world needs...so go to it..it's what you're here to do & be!

So...on you go!

Don't look to anyone else!!

No pressure but......the world needs ya !!

So freak us all out...we're lookin' to you kid.

Whatcha got?!

1 comment:

Cupcake Man said...

this one's easy - check out my web site, chickenegg.org